We make every effort to give the best service possible to everyone who attends our Practice.

However, we are aware that things can go wrong, resulting in a patient feeling that they have a genuine cause for complaint. If this is so, we would like the matter to be settled as quickly, and as amicably, as possible.

To have your complaint investigated, you need to complain within 12 months of the event happening, or as soon as you first become aware of the issue you want to complain about.

The time limit can be extended in special circumstances.

How to make a complaint

Whether you are happy or unhappy with the care and treatment that you have received, please get in touch and let us know your views.

Receiving compliments and complaints is important to ensuring good quality local healthcare in our Practice – helping us to find out more about what we’re getting right and what we can improve.

We hope this will help you to make your feelings and experiences known to the appropriate people. Should you have a complaint we hope this page will give you more information about what to do, who to contact and what happens next.

How do I raise a concern / informal complaint?

You can speak to any member of staff initially with your complaint. This gives you the opportunity to resolve any concern you may have without it going through a formal process.

Most complaints are best resolved within the practice and these should be made via the Practice Manager. These can be in writing to the practice, or verbally, either face to face or over the telephone. Our telephone number is 0208 176 8992.

Formal Complaint

What we will do:

We will contact you about your complaint within three working days and offer to discuss with you the best way to investigate it, including the time scales for a reply. We will aim to offer you an explanation within that time frame. We will:

  • Find out what happened and what went wrong
  • Apologise where this is appropriate
  • Identify what we can do to make sure that the problem does not happen again
  • Share this learning with our practice team

If you feel you do not want to contact the surgery directly, you (or your nominated representative) may submit a complaint to North West London Integrated Care Board (ICB). Information on how to make a complaint to North West London ICB can be sought from its webpage: , by calling 0203 350 4567 or emailing [email protected]

Complaints are not escalated to an ICB following the practice’s response. A complaint is made to either the practice or to the ICB.

Complaints advocacy:

All health complainants are also entitled to access if they so wish, the NHS Complaints Advocacy Service, should they need assistance with making a complaint.  They can be contacted at

Further Actions:

If dissatisfied with the response from either ICB or the practice, then you may wish to escalate their complaint to The Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman (PHSO). The PHSO role is to make final decisions on complaints that have not been resolved locally by either the provider or the Integrated Care Board (ICB).

The PHSO may be contacted via telephone on 0345 015 4033. Further details on how to make a complaint to PHSO can be sought at